D2X-XL is an OpenGL enhanced version of Descent 2, offering a plethora of improvements over the original program, like colored lighting, stereoscopic rendering, high resolution textures, sounds and player ships, many effects (e.g. smoke, lightning, rain, snow, ...), new game modes, improved multiplayer support, bigger levels, full modding support, etc. etc. D2X-XL preserves full backwards compatibility and also supports playing Descent 1 levels with the original Descent 1 sounds, textures, physics and AI. D2X-XL is available for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.
Version 1.16.27: Fixed and Improved Controls
- Mouse sensitivity no longer depends on frame rate.
- Joystick setup not crashing any more.
- Joystick fully working in D2X.
- Added deadzone configuration.
- Added full dual joystick support.
- smoothed periodic frame rate break-ins when running D2X-XL on Win2K (by removing unnecessary calls more...
OS X 10.5 or later