ISC's Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Distribution provides a freely redistributable reference implementation of all aspects of the DHCP protocol, through a suite of DHCP tools:
- A DHCP server
- A DHCP client
- A DHCP relay agent
The DHCP server, client and relay agent are provided both as reference implementations of the protocol and as working, fully-featured sample implementations. Both the more...
- DHCP Failover Protocol support
- OMAPI, an API for accessing and modifying the DHCP server and client state.
- Conditional behaviour
- Storing arbitrary information on leases
- Address pools with access control
- Client classing
- Address allocation restriction by class
- Relay agent information option support
- Dynamic DNS updates