As of July 2012, Thunderbird has transitioned to a new governance model, with new features being developed by the broader free software and open source community, and security fixes and improvements handled by Mozilla.
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
- Same-origin bypass through anchor navigation
- CORS requests should not follow 30x redirections after preflight
- resource:// documents can load privileged pages
- Use-after-free when using the Fluendo MP3 GStreamer plugin
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:37.0 / rv:31.6)
- OS X 10.6 or later