SoundByte is a computerized cart machine for the Mac. It is very similar to the so-called cart machines used at radio stations in the past. Each recording - a jingle, advertisement, etc, was on a cartridge, which could be quickly selected and played.
Sound Byte brings the cart machine to the computer age. You can assign select up to 75 recordings per rack, and assign each to a button. Clicking on a button plays that recording. Multiple recordings can be played at the same time.
Three versions are available:
- Sound Byte Lite supports a single rack of carts, or up to 75 recordings total. The more...
- Added display of MIDI channel and note in lower center of cart.
- Bug fix -- cart titles were not always displayed in bold when they should be.
- PLAYED text for carts changed in color, positioned behind other cart text.
- PLAYED text now displayed after the cart finishes.
- Bug fix -- playlists added to carts were not always working correctly.
- Added a more...
- OS X 10.6 or later